Laughter Works in the media
We're often asked to give media interviews or make public comments. If you need to speak to an authority on workplace issues including resilience, stress management, laughter, positive psychology or a related topic - please contact us
We'll always help provided we can fit it into our schedule. We also have a press pack and copies of research that will make your job easier - just drop us a line and tell us what you need. All we ask for in return is acknowledgment. A selection of recent stories is available here.
what happens at a laughter session?
One of our qualified laughter leaders comes to your event or workplace.
After a short talk to build rapport, excitement and trust, you will be taken through 20-30 minutes of laughter exercises. They comprise of breathing to open the lungs and gentle limb loosening before we move onto the laughter itself. It's a great laugh but we keep it professional - no-one will is singled out, asked to put on a silly hat or "act" funny. It always leaves people with a warm glow on the inside and a smile on their face. Our many enthusiastic referrals are a testament to the positive outcomes of the sessions.
like to arrange one?
Arranging a laughter session is easy - just call or email (more details on the contact page)
- 0438 54 56 07
Let us know:
- The type of event you are holding
- The date, time and location
- The number of people you expect will attend
- Any special message you want included.
Neurologists have discovered that newborn infants seem to have an inborn ability to laugh and smile, which has survival value because it is linked to the immune system. The immune effect of laughter stays with us for a lifetime. In light of the facts about how stress defeats the immune system, this is a very good piece of information to have. Whatever tickles your funnybone, laughter therapy is the best medicine. The physiological benefits of laughter are indisputable. Steve Wilson, Psychologist
some personal reasons to laugh ...
- Relieves stress, helps you put things in context and helps you cope with daily pressures.
- Improves your pay packet (true!).
- Weight loss. It's true! 10 minutes of laughter therapy burns about 45 calories.
- Produces endorphins, which reduce pain and induce pleasure.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Stimulates the mind and gets the creative juices flowing.
- Strengthens the immune system and heals the body.
- Oxygenates the blood and gives your respiratory system a tremendous workout.
In this age of high-technology, scientific miracles and medical breakthroughs, it might just be that something as simple as laughter is the best medicine, after all. For a long time, medical doctors have known that happy patients generally respond more favourable to treatment and recover faster than cheerless and complaining ones.
Laurence Peter and Bill Dana: The Laughter Prescription - How to Achieve Health, Happiness and Peace of Mind Through Humour
what does a laughter session look like?
your team will love it
We don't know of any activity that builds teams or energises better.
Australia's premier workplace laughter leaders
Welcome to the website of Australia's leading laughter leaders. We have been leading laughter, team-building, resilience, laughter therapy and stress-busting seminars across Australia since 2004. If you're looking for something that will bring your staff together, reduce stress, lift morale and fill your workplace with happy high performers you've come to the right place.
Our sessions have been successful in all sorts of settings from micro-firms to large corporates including the ANZ Bank, Honda and the Chamber of Commerce in Tokyo and with groups ranging from three to 3,000.
We also offer a range of "serious" talks on change, wellbeing, and happiness. See our sister site Workplace Wellbeing for more information (and don't forget to ask about the 'Happy Hour is 9 to 5' program).
To find out more about the benefits to you and your organisation look around this site or contact us. We're always happy to help.
Employers who actively sustain a positive environment could experience up to 25% improvements in efficiency and customer satisfaction.Journal of Applied Psychology
In a group of people I hardly knew - all of a sudden we had bonded by laughing together. With Cris' guidance we had cleared our heads and decreased our social and mental barriers. We were ready to tackle the problems over which we had gathered.
Gillian H. Occupational Therapist
what will it sound like?
What to know what a laughter session will sound like at your event or workplace? Click here:
what to look for in a laughter leader
You want to make your session a great success - and so do we. If you're looking for a good laughter leader don't leave it to chance. Ask:
- Do they have the right experience?
What size groups have they led in the past?
- Are they offering just a laughter session or can they combine with some fascinating insights and information? Some audiences need to be given reasons to laugh and an appeal to their minds.
- Do they understand your audience?
Have they dealt with them before? Have they worked in a similar organisation or with a similar group?
- Are they qualified laughter leaders? If so, who did they train with?
- Are their skills up-to-date? Do they invest in professional development?
- Are they flexible and willing to meet your needs? Do they stick with their own agenda?
- Do they have good testimonials?
- Are they fun and easy to deal with?
- Are they insured?
If they can meet these criteria you're off to a good start. All our laughter leaders are experienced, competent professionals.
FREE Guide "5 Tips For More Laughter In Your Life"